“Where veterans support veterans”
Firstly, we would like to thank you for choosing Veteran’s Network, we appreciate your time and support.
Let us tell you about the history of Veteran’s Network and how it came to be.
In October 2016 Jamie R Kennedy founded ‘Soldier to Civi’ to share his personal experience of the transition from soldier to civilian. Every week since and to this day, Jamie continues to publish a blog sharing the stories of fellow veterans and their transition from soldier to civilian, hence the original name Soldier to Civi.
Within a matter of months, Soldier to Civi developed a highly devoted team and branched out to Facebook in order to create a private networking group for veterans called ‘Soldier to Civi – The Veteran’s Network’.
The Soldier to Civi team didn’t realise it at the time but this private networking group of two thousand plus veterans on Facebook soon became the foundations of ‘Veteran’s Network’.
Veterans Network was officially launched by Soldier to Civi on the 9th September 2017 to provide a stable online platform for Veterans and service personnel to network, research, and share advice. It was recently decided to change the name from ‘Soldier to Civi’ to ‘Veteran’s Network’ in order to clarify that we intend to provide support for all service personnel from the Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force.
Our goal is for Veterans Network to be the first point of contact for any Veteran seeking help or advice throughout and after leaving Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.
We are currently supporting Veteran established businesses with our free business directory. We aim to advertise this throughout the United Kingdom so that local people can find a Veteran owned business for any job they need completing.
Welcome to The Veteran’s Network.
It is our vision to provide a stable online platform for all veterans to network within the United Kingdom. Our vision will prevent veterans from feeling unsupported, withdrawn and isolated from society.
It is our mission to provide a stable and reliable support network for veterans.
We take great pride in adhering to a set of core values which are promoted within our network. These are the following:
- Empathy – We recognise and share the feelings of other veterans.
- Integrity – We prioritise the veteran’s needs while maintaining the honest morals of our mission.
- Non-Judgemental – We listen to veterans with an open mind, avoiding a negative view and opinion.
- Loyalty – We will be faithful and consistent with our support for veterans
- Pride – We are proud to have served in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces and we recognise the qualities that veterans possess.
- Courage – We recognise the courage required by veterans to seek support from others.
- Transparency – We understand the importance of maintaining an honest relationship with veterans to avoid a breakdown in team cohesion.